CONFESSION: I stole this recipe from Chipotle. Ok, I didn't steal it - they revealed their exact recipe years ago. I have made this guacamole many times and it's still one of my favorites. Enjoy with tacos, burritos, chips + salsa or simply use on toast. This recipe is extremely healthy and delicious. Seeing as this is a guacamole recipe, make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe! Then, try it out for yourself.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the perfect avocados. They should feel soft yet firm - not too soft.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit.
3. Pinch the back of the avocado halves and squeeze avocado into a medium bowl or a mortar.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until desired consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy!
It looks yummy!!