CONFESSION: I stole this recipe from Chipotle. Ok, I didn't steal it - they revealed their exact recipe years ago. I have made this guacamole many times and it's still one of my favorites. Enjoy with tacos, burritos, chips + salsa or simply use on toast. This recipe is extremely healthy and delicious. Seeing as this is a guacamole recipe, make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe! Then, try it out for yourself.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the perfect avocados. They should feel soft yet firm - not too soft.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit.
3. Pinch the back of the avocado halves and squeeze avocado into a medium bowl or a mortar.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until desired consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy!