Taco Tuesday? Taco everyday! Tacos can be an easy and healthy weekday or weekend meal. I personally could eat tacos everyday. There are so many things you could do with them - add avocado, shredded cabbage, hot sauce, blackened chicken or fish, shredded chicken or flank steak. The options are endless. Here is one of my easy chicken taco recipes that you are bound to make, weekly.
MARINATING TIME: 3 HRS or overnight
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
Chili Lime Chicken Rub:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- fresh-squeezed lime juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Lime zest from 1 lime
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro with stems, packed
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6-8 small corn tortillas
Marinate the chicken:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients for chili lime chicken rub. Add in chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook chicken until fully done. Set aside to rest.
Make the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Add the yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt & pepper to blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until creamy.
- Char tortillas in skillet over medium heat, if desired - about 15 seconds on each side.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2" wide strips and place inside the warmed tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime juice, shredded cabbage and/or hot sauce!