I love chicken salad but am often torn between eating it or opting for another option since one of the main ingredients in chicken salad is mayonnaise. With this easy recipe, adapted from Healthy Liv, you sub the mayonnaise for avocado and Greek yogurt. It offers a healthier alternative and it's so creamy and delicious, you won't even miss the mayonnaise.
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 55 MINS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a small casserole dish with avocado oil or coat with nonstick spray. Place the chicken breasts in the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and avocado oil and rub into the chicken. Flip over and do the same to the other side.*
- Place in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Once done, take chicken out of the oven and transfer to cutting board to cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash the avocado, add the Greek yogurt and lime juice. Mix well.
- Once the chicken has cooled, roughly chop with large knife. I usually cube mine and then roughly chop diagonally until desired size is met. Add to the avocado mixture and mix together.
- Add the diced red onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cilantro then stir to combine. Feel free to add more yogurt, until desired creaminess is achieved.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Serve on brioche buns, a wheat sandwich thin or with crackers!
*Feel free to use leftover chicken or a small rotisserie chicken if you are short on time.