I prefer everything to be homemade. Not only because I believe it tastes better but because I like to know what I am eating. Pure, all-natural pumpkin minus the preservatives and other ingredients that don't do my body any justice. Try it for yourself, this recipe is surprisingly easy to do.
PREP TIME: 5-10 MINS
BAKE TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINS
STRAINING TIME: 2-3 HOURS
- 2 sugar pumpkins (or more!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut pumpkins in half. Scrape out the insides -- reserve the seeds to roast later!
- Line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or foil. Place the pumpkin halves cut side down on baking sheet. They can be cramped and touching.
- Bake for an hour or an hour and 20 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, turn over and let cool. Scoop out the pulp and place in food processor or high powered blender .
- Purée until smooth. Line 2 or more strainers  with a cheese cloth  and place over a mixing bowl. Pour purée on top and let sit for 2-3 hours. There will be a lot of golden liquid in the bowl below -- use that in smoothies or to water your plants!
- Put purée in mason jars and freeze 3-6 months or refrigerate for up to a week. Perfect for pumpkin pie , waffles, muffins, pumpkin butter or anything pumpkin related!