Alright, I am not vegan (yet) but this is one of the most flavorful, addictive recipes around. Adapted from the extremely talented Pinch of Yum, this vegan version of a crunchwrap supreme is not only guilt-free but something you will actually want to eat. My homemade taco seasoning pulls all the flavors of this dish together.
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
Spicy Sofritas "Meat"
- 3 tbsp La Tourangelle avocado oil
- 16 ounces Impossible Burger meat
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 1/2 cup of Desert Pepper Salsa
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp of homemade taco seasoning
Black Bean Salad
- 1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- large burrito-sized wheat tortillas
- tostadas or blue corn tortillas (if using blue corn tortillas, lightly oil baking sheet, season with salt and bake at 400 degrees for 4 minutes on each side. allow to sit for a couple minutes to fully crisp)
- cabbages slaw
- For the sofritas "meat", heat avocado oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add impossible meat, taco seasoning, chipotles, and salsa. Stir well and cook until warmed through. Set pan aside when done.
- For the cashew queso, blend everything together in Ninja Blender or high-powered blender until nice and smooth.
- Lay out a large wheat tortilla on a flat surface.
- Layer the impossible meat, black bean salad and queso. Add tostada, cabbage slaw, salsa and homemade guacamole. Top with another tostada.
- Fold in the edges of the tortilla towards the center. Place in hot, lightly oiled skillet, seam side down. Cook on each side for a few minutes until the exterior is firm and golden brown. Cut, serve and be wowed.
*Will post my homemade guacamole recipe soon!
*Note in this picture, the bottom two have dairy queso since Nick couldn't resist 🙂